Locksmiths are one of the most important and invaluable tradesman around. The very nature of the trade is to provide services which focus on ensuring the greatest level of security for all.
Whether you are a homeowner, renter, business owner, or even motorist, it is very likely you will need a professional locksmith at some point in time. From lockouts and installations to key copying and repairs, locksmiths are responsible for the safety of their customers, who are oftentimes naïve and vulnerable. Merrick Locksmiths knows just how critical of a role we play in the lives of so many Long Islanders, but we also understand that if we are the ones who provide safety, how are customers to determine which locksmith is a safe, trustworthy choice.
- A professional locksmith must be licensed by the State of New York.
- Are they bonded and insured? This offers a level of guarantee and warrantee. Ask to see their information or look it up online.
- Ask friends and neighbors for a recommendation. It is the easiest and most straight way to find out what others think about a particular locksmith.
- Research locksmiths in your area (ahead of time). Go online and check out the professional quality of their websites, reviews from other customers, and even take a look at the locksmith’s standing with the Better Business Bureau.
- Have a conversation and don’t be afraid to ask questions. A quality locksmith will have no problem discussing their services, offering advice, and answering questions. A part of ensuring security is making customers feel confident and secure.
- Ask about a free estimate. All locksmiths should be able to provide an overview of costs, over the phone, by they should also be willing to provide a free estimate, after an on-site evaluation.
- The first couple of times you use a particular locksmith, know that it is okay to hover and inspect. Trust is earned and therefore, it is understandable that a customer wants to see the quality of work and perhaps, ensure no gimmicks or scams are pulled.
Locksmiths are responsible for our customers’ safety and are often let into homes, which is why Merrick Locksmiths is committed to doing whatever need to, in order to assure our customers that they are in the right hands and to develop their trust.